Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rants

I don't know how my life is different from that of one in jail. At work I work like a dog, I eat and sleep in the same place, my hostel room is a cramped single room, and I share the bathroom/toilet with at least 13 other people. I can't go anywhere at will because I am forced to come back in a matter of hours for work. Sometimes I don't even get to sleep at night.

The food is really terrible and the hotels nearby are pretty bad too. You can't be seen having fun or laughing as that would indicate to others (including my potential employers) that I take work far too lightly. Since this is a close-knit walled "community" (they like to be called that) everybody know what the other person is doing. And finally I don't have a place to complain to about my living quarters food or timings because no one has the time for that anyway.

I don't want to stay in this place much longer but I don't have much choice. Its very difficult to get into a PG course right now and CMC is the only place where I stand a chance, since I've worked here a while. I don't know many people here and that will definitely go against me since  you need people; for company as well as to bail you out in times of need.

What a useless profession! For a few individuals being a doctor is very very lucrative but in general, I think its unrewarding and miserable.

By the way I didn't even mention the pittance of a salary.

No comments:

Post a Comment