Tuesday, March 23, 2010

First Post

I guess I'd like to chronicle my experiences as a Surgical House Officer in CMC Vellore.

Surgical House Officer, or Senior HO, which is my official designation; implies someone who has finished his internship, but not gotten into a Post Graduate course yet.

CMC stands for Christian Medical College. There are two of them in India; the original in Vellore, Tamil Nadu and one in Ludhiana, Punjab. Both are prestigious places to learn; but the one in Vellore is considered among the best in the country.

I am not a CMC'ite. Which means that I have not completed my undergraduate training in medicine from CMC. I am therefore, an outsider in this place of learned, highly professional and focussed individuals; now and then I come across situations where I have to prove that I belong here.

Like all medical graduates, I am in the pursuit of a Post Graduate seat. My interest lies in Surgery, the reasons of which I am not quite sure of, actually. Anyway, it is highly competitive and I haven't gotten in yet, because of my laid back and easily distracted nature. Maybe I'll get in this year! Maybe in CMC itself, which would be great.. we'll find out soon enough!

The purpose of this blog then, is to consolidate my knowledge in whatever I learn daily by sharing it with you guys. Maybe I'll meet new and interesting people. Maybe I'll be clear about my opinion and my stand on things by putting it in word. Or maybe its a waste of time.

3 against 1, just cause for blogging! I declare this blog open!

1 comment: